Friday, February 3, 2012

You, God, are my God.


“Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:12

I love Uganda, and I love America. And, in some ways I’m thankful that those are the only two nations I’ve lived in because I’m pretty certain my heart would only continue to tear and ache for and belong to any other nation I lived in.

I think something I’m discovering is that there are so many variables that affect where a person likes or wants to live. But, if you have a heart that hurts for lost people, then it doesn’t matter where God puts you. Because there are lost people everywhere.

"And he has given us this command: Those who love God must also love one another." 1 John 4:21

Let go of the biases and personal prejudices, and instead focus on Jesus. People are people. And, all those people need Jesus.

“… give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.”

My heart isn’t truly torn because at the end of the day, it’s committed to an undivided devotion to the Lord’s will in my life.

“Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness…”

No comments:

Post a Comment