Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The First of Many.

This is the first of many. First of many firsts. First of many posts. Take it as you will, but it's only the beginning.

The journey started back in the fall of 2007 when I first heard of a country called Uganda. Little did I know God was preparing to take me on an adventure that would affect me for years to come. In July of 2008 I went to Uganda on a summer mission trip and fell in love with what I experienced. During my time there, I was introduced to the prospect of returning to teach one day. From the moment I left it has been the consistent prayer of my heart.

Over the course of the last few years many different occasions have led me to this place. I've tried to pursue going back to Uganda for a summer and had nothing come through. I've been offered teaching jobs in Omaha only to have odd circumstances cause them to fall through. I've had opportunities fall and have had new ones take their place. I've let some dreams die, only to be replaced by new ones. Some doors have closed only to allow new passions to arise.

I've allowed myself to be open to new paths, and the Lord has used it. Now more than ever, I'm convinced that God's timing is not only everything, it is also perfect. This week it was confirmed that I will be moving to Mbarara, Uganda! My placement there will be for 12 months, and I'm so excited. I have full confidence in God's hand in this. It only makes it more exciting to see what will happen.

This is what I know for sure. I will be in the same city as my dear friend, Carolyn. Uniquely our paths were first intertwined on our trips to Uganda in 2008. It is a little gift from God that once again this will be the case. My tentative departure date is August 4th, 2011. Exactly 4 months from when I received my confirmation call. I need to raise approximately $15,300 to cover all budgeted costs for the next year. God has consistently been faithful and present, I've no reason to doubt that it won't continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment