Friday, April 22, 2011

The Ultimate Provider

I'm in constant awe of God's goodness and His eagerness to provide for those who seek to do His work. In Phillipians 4:19 it says, "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." This is such a profound truth!

This morning I awoke to the most delightful email from the team leader in Uganda. He is the primary contact who is and has been working out many of the details for my ministry there. It is so encouraging to know that there are brothers and sisters in Mbarara who are already fighting and doing what they can to prepare the way for me.

His email to me was the first I have received and what great news it bore. For those who don't know the story of Carolyn and I's friendship, and how it has been divinely interwined, I will be sure to post that story in the near future. For the extent of this blog, it is critical to know that God has had His perfect hand in our relationship. The email was just another reassurance of that.

In the email, it was confirmed that as of now Carolyn and I will be living together! However, that is only the beginning of God's provisions. We are also fully equipped with a house that has water, a fridge, and an oven..in Uganda! Praise God!
A phrase that is often recognized by those who are familiar with Africa is "T.I.A." It stands for "This is Africa." Which in summary means that anything is subject to change. It makes everything a little more exciting :)

Not only are we provided for with a few luxuries, but the home is also located in a secure compound, and our next door neighbor is the local police representative. The missionary family who has made this house their home will be on leave during our time in Uganda, so it works perfectly that we can live there in their absence. Also joining us in our living arrangement will be Juno, the family's beloved German Shepherd. Nothing like a little extra protection! God is so precise in how he works out all of the details. Let this be a little boost of comfort for anyone holding onto some bits of fear in this mission God has placed on my heart.


"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

And in the words of Jesus Christ my Savior:

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27

The Lord does not give as the world does. He gives so much more and in ways that I could not even dream of being given.

No comments:

Post a Comment