Monday, May 23, 2011

So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid..."

It's arguable; however, I think I may be one of the luckiest young women in the world.

I realize that in most of my posts thus far I have talked primarily about God as my provider. Redundant, maybe. But, not to me. The new ways in which God continues to provide for me leave me standing in awe. It never gets old. Rather, it gets more exciting!

As many of you know, it has not been easy for me to answer the calling God has placed on my heart to go to Uganda. It has been a dream and a prayer of mine, but I've been discovering that saying "yes" to God also brings on an onslaught of opposition. Stepping down from the leadership role I'm in at my church has been an emotional war. I have such a heart for the girls I am leading, and it breaks me to have to be willing to step aside. In spite of these warring emotions and the spiritual battle that surrounds this, I have a strong confidence in God's calling for me to go to Uganda. This confidence stems from the Lord, alone. He has been more than faithful to answer my prayers for confirmation. He has worked out tiny details, and big ones just the same.


Last week I received an email from a family in Uganda who is working on my specific placement for my ministry there. Although "this is Africa", it looks like the placement they are working on would have me teaching part-time and then discipling secondary students the rest of the time! As I sat there and read the email, emotions overwhelmed me. God is so great to allow there to be positions for me that make my heart beat wild with passion. If you would like to join me in praying for the hearts of the young girls I will be in contact with, I would be very much appreciative!

Furthermore, I have been in contact with an individual who is going back to Uganda as a long-term missionary, and who it sounds like I will be working with. As we have begun to communicate, God has continued to reveal Himself to me. I shared a little bit with this individual about the ministry I've been involved with here in Nebraska and about the hardships God has taken me through. In his response to my email, he shared that there is such a need in Uganda for young girls. He has been praying for God to provide women to come step alongside them, and it looks like one of those people might be me! What a beautiful picture God is working on. It's all intwined and I've only begun to see a glimpse of its beauty!

While everything is subject to change, God is in control. I'm honored to be his daughter. I'm excited to do what He asks.

Scripture that is speaking to my heart this morning:

"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace." Acts 20:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment