Sunday, June 5, 2011

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

It's official. Tickets are booked. I leave for Mbarara, Uganda on August 3rd!

It becomes more real every day. And, the more real my life becomes to me, the more I am reminded that I am merely a vessel of God's work.



God created the world out of nothing, and as long as we are nothing, He can make something out of us.
- Martin Luther

I read this quote the other day, and it hit me right where I am. Instead of feeling discouraged and inadequate for the calling God has given me, I should realize that - nothing, inadequate, unprepared - is exactly what I am. Is there a better place to be? The less there is of me, the more there can be of Jesus.

In the words of my Savior, Himself, "... apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5

Carolyn reminded me last weekend, "God doesn't call the qualified; he qualifies the called."

Praise God. This is good news for me.

A well-known fact about me is that I am in love with words. I can't explain how much I value them. But it amazes me how they are so simple, and yet so powerful. So easy to use, but bear so much weight. I love how we have the ability to shape and use them in powerful and meaningful ways. In January, I had a feeling that my word for this year would be steadfast. I had no idea what God was about to begin doing in me.


Steadfast: adj. fixed in direction; steadily directed; firm in purpose; unwavering


I've been tested in this. Especially, in this invitation to accept God's calling to Uganda. It's been the prayer of my heart, and yet there have been so many times where I've been faced with decisions that I had to continuously respond with "Yes, God".



Accepting God’s invitation requires remarkable courage, and all hell breaks
loose…It takes a steadfastness of heart to keep saying “Yes” to God. -Captivating by Stasi Eldredge


There's my word.


"And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen." - 1 Peter 5:10-11

Lord, give me the strength to continuously be steadfast for You, alone.

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Reading in Colossians tonight,thought of you and Carolyn and what my response in prayer needs to be! Little did you know that both of you would have something in common with Paul and Timothy!! (Although praying that the chains part is not part of His plan for you guys!!!)

    I continue to pray for you, your preparation for Uganda and the hearts of all those you will be in contact with here in the US and Uganda!

    "Devote yourselves to prayer being watchful and thankful. Pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly as I should." Col 4:2-4

    Praying for open doors and hearts!

    Keep steadfast my friend!!! --Lu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsea, you are such an encouragement to me. God is already doing mighty works in you now, but I can't wait to see God use you in Africa. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete