Wednesday, June 15, 2011

You will shine among them like stars in the sky.

My time in Pearl River, New York is coming to a close and orientation for my yearlong stay in Uganda has ended.

As I sit here and wait for my flight (which has been delayed...again), I am reflecting on the goodness of God.

Prior to heading here, I received an email notifying me that there would be another young woman from Nebraska on my flight to orientation. I think God must've laughed when I thought that was soooo cool! Because it didn't take more than 5 minutes upon my arrival to Africa Inland Mission's U.S. headquarters for me to meet another girl from Nebraska. It didn't take more than 5 hours after that to discover that out of the 16 women ages 18-23 here from all over the nation, 5 of them were from the Cornhusker state! Wow. God continues to amaze me in how He unites His team together. For anyone out there struggling, feeling alone, or on the outs, stand firm! We are united in Christ. It brings me great comfort to know that whether in the comforts of my Nebraskan home, in a hotel in New York City, or in a temporary house in Uganda, Africa, I am not in this alone. We, brothers and sisters, are fighting on the same team.

"Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from His love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind."

Phillipians 2:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment