Saturday, August 6, 2011

And, God is faithful.

Lesson of the Day: If you are in the presence of a lion, don't run. Stay where you are, grab a stick, and hold it on your head.

I don't know if it'll work, and I'm praying I won't have the chance to find out.

Life in Kampala is just beginning. I have a feeling that it'll be just in the time that I feel well-adjusted that I'll be moving to Mbarara. And, I'm okay with that. From what I've been hearing, life in Mbarara is going to suit me well. Maybe even too well. I'll save details for when I experience them myself.

I have to thank the wonderful Stacey Walling for the devotional she gave me as I was leaving Omaha. It has been a steadfast resource for me to stay in the Word amidst a crazy transition. On Wednesday when I left, the verse of the day was, "Behold, we go up to Jerusalem." Well, I wasn't leaving for Jerusalem, but the depth behind the verse served the same purpose. Something the passage said was, "We have no conception of what God is aiming at, and as we go on it gets more and more vague." Interesting, but it makes sense doesn't it? As I left for Uganda, and now as I'm here, I don't know what God is shooting for in most areas of my life. Nevertheless, I am more confident than ever that I am right in the middle of His will for me. All I am called to do is follow Him, and to be obedient in the things He calls me to everyday.

Today's verse is John 16:26, "At that day ye shall ask in My name." It's so funny to me that that is today's verse. I was just discussing prayer, and the amazing qualities of it. "The idea of prayer is not in order to get answers from God; prayer is perfect and complete oneness with God." It's all interconnected. God commands us to pray, not because He doesn't know what we need, but because He wants to be one with us. When our desires and God's desires align, and I'm going before God with those.... wow. Powerful.

Let's see how God continues to turn our desires into reality!

1 comment:

  1. That makes me so happy that you love your book! I'm so proud of you and love that I get to live through your experience tovdo Gods work mbarara! Love you stacey

    ReplyDelete