Sunday, July 24, 2011

Back in the Pearl of Africa

"One thing about life on the edge with God is that you're fearless. Might as well be. There's nothing to lose because you've already given it all away." Sam Childers from Another Man's War

Well, I'm here!

As I write this, I am sitting in the AIM guesthouse in Lubowa, Uganda. It is so surreal to finally be back in the place that has been both a distant memory and near dream for so long! It's just a great reminder of God's faithfulness. He sets these dreams in the depths of our hearts, not to disappoint. But to fulfill them in the timing of His will. What an exciting promise.

For the next couple weeks, I will be here, until making the trip to Mbarara where I will be living. I don't know exactly what these days will hold, but I'm thinking I will be thankful for the extra transition time.

Thank you to all of you who have been faithfully supporting me in prayer! I have safely made it to Uganda. I'm healthy thus far and feeling decently rested. Some more prayer requests would be for continued safety, healthy and deep relationships both in Uganda and back home, and that God would speak clearly to me in the ways He wants me to minister here. I am open to do whatever the Lord leads me to, so pray that I would have open ears for listening!

Please forgive any grammatical errors, odd sentence structures, and this poorly organized blog entry. However, while I'm feeling okay, I'm on my last wind. Off for some rest, recovery, and coffee :)

Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. I love you roommate! Im thinking and praying for you daily. Cant wait to skype with ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! so glad you made it! and so glad you blogged! Just wanted to remind you that you are in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praising the Lord that you have made it to Uganda safely and so far you are healthy! I pray that you realize just how much you are loved and prayed for!

    ReplyDelete