Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Glory to God.

So for the past week, I’ve been trying to post a blog about thankfulness. But it just sn't coming to me. And, I’m pretty positive that I’ve got it down to a few reasons why:



  1. I have way too many things to be thankful for that I can’t figure out how to put them into one blog.


  2. Power always seems to be out when I get bursts of writing inspiration.


  3. I’ve been neglecting to write first about what I’m most thankful for.

“If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?”

The line of a song that keeps resounding in my head. All of my erased blog drafts even reflect it. Instead of giving thanks first to the giver of life and the Savior of my soul, I try to write about Uganda, America, my family, my friends all over the world and the bountiful blessings I’ve been given. So while, I’m more than grateful for all of the above things, I can’t write about them tonight. The weight of my heart won’t let me.

It’s going to be about Jesus.

“Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:9-11

Let us praise the name of the living God. Over the past few days, I’ve had a revival in my heart, and I can thank nothing and no one other than God for it. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the ways of the world, the concerns of this life, and the worries of tomorrow, that I forget what I was created to do in the first place. Which is nothing, but to glorify God – whatever that is supposed to look like. However, I figure it’s a little hard to bring glory to God if I’m too busy trying to figure it out on my own instead of heeding his Word and listening to his voice.

I don’t know much, but here’s what I do know:



  • Because of God, I can love. And, I love to love.


  • Laughing makes me happy, and I’m able to share that joy with others (Profound, right?).


  • Flexibility is learned trait, and being flexible makes joy a little easier to come by.


  • I just want to live out God’s calling for my life.


  • I don’t know always know what that “calling” is.


  • Plans are different than reality, and praise God for that.


  • Time isn’t slowing down, and no one is able to determine when his time will be over.


  • People are people no matter where they are in the world.


  • All those people need Jesus.

I want to be like my Jesus.

“I’m not sure what it means to be like you, Jesus. You said to live like you love, like you, but then you died for me.”

So what does that mean for me? Does it matter? Should it change the way that I live?

“Now there is a huge difference between being saved from something and being saved for something (Cat and Dog Theology by Bob Sjogren).”

Somehow, I don’t think my lack of knowledge is going to keep me from living my life. Actually, my inability to figure out what I’m doing has become rather encouraging over the past few days. Because I was saved for something. And, even if I have no idea what it might look like in the day-to-day life, I do know that it is to glorify God.

My heart will sing no other name, but Jesus.

“For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.” Romans 11:36

No comments:

Post a Comment