Monday, July 18, 2011

For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have?

I am overflowing with joy about the amount of support everyone has so graciously poured out. It's amazing. I am still a little over $4,000 short of my financial support needed, but the support keeps coming. In a beautiful array of ways, people choose to step alongside me and partner with me in this ministry. I know I tell people often, but if everything in the whole earth belongs to the Lord, and this is His ministry, He will provide. And, He does. Thank you to all of you obedient brothers and sisters in Christ, friends, and family who continue to respond!

I am going to be in Uganda in just a short couple weeks. Time doesn't make sense to me, so I don't even try to fathom it. It's incomprehensible, and as I'm preparing to leave I'm definitely reminded of that. As much as I want to stop it, speed it up, freeze it in a moment, I can't. Right now, time is flying. I can't tack on enough hours in my day to feel like I've been productive. But here's the good news. Because I am so close to being in Uganda, you can start sending letters, packages - whatever you choose - over there! I have been promised that the things you send today will not beat me there. So keep that in mind! Letters are expected to take about 2-3 weeks and packages anywhere from 1-6 months. I can't tell you how much of a blessing it would be to have a little something arrive from anyone of you.

I've composed a little wish list below. It's not very extensive because I actually have no idea what I will need. Some things are truly just selfish wishes. Things that I would just delight in having. Others are actually sensible, needed items that I am forseeing I might need. I am sure this list will change when I get there, but I'm not quite sure what to expect now. Feel free to stray from this. Many of you will have much better ideas of what I might need. I am told that the best way to send things is through U.S. mail (I think that's what they said anyway :) ). Instead of buying insurance with any packages you send, turn to God for it. Once it's out of America it's a fingers-crossed that all packages will arrive safely. Insurance isn't going to change that from what I'm told!

Spices
Sauce Mixes
Baking Mixes
Drink Mixes
Granola
Treats (that won't spoil in the mail)
Books
Earrings/headbands/hair supplies
Make-up (nothing too extravagant, please :) )
Stationary/writing material
AA Batteries
Any inexpensive clothing items, I'm packing light!

Here's where to send things:

Kelsea Kult
c/o Joel & Jill Skinner
P.O. Box 547
Mbarara, Uganda
East Africa

I am truly looking forward to surprises in the mail! Letters themselves will be such wonderful gifts! Thank you all for your love and support! Blessings and love to all of you :)

1 comment:

  1. Kelsea, I was just meditating on that verse from Romans 8 this past weekend. Pray for you as you get ready to leave for Uganda!

    ReplyDelete