Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A time for everything.

It is so surreal to me that I am leaving for Uganda in less than a month. In the way that things have fallen into place it is clear that God's timeline is not my own. And, for that I am grateful.

I am continually convinced that all things that are meant to happen, work out in the time they are given.

Although it is tempting to fear that things will not continue to come together, they will.

"And my God will meet all your needs according the the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:19

As I am preparing to leave, the biggest "issue", prayer request, and challenge of faith is still support raising. The process is grueling and tiring, and keeps me on my knees in reverence for the God I love. Raising support has become a love/hate relationship. I hate the inner battle it raises in causing me to constantly deny anxiety and worry. But, I love how it draws me closer and nearer to my Jesus in the midst of those struggles.

If you want to walk on water, you have to step out of the boat. In the same way, I believe that if we want to see God do big things, we have to be willing to step aside. To allow Him to show up. That doesn't mean He will do it when I want. That He will do it how I planned. And, that challenges me like crazy! But, then again, if He did it according to my plan, it wouldn't require a whole lot of faith.

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Peter 5:10

What a promise. To him be the glory forever and ever.

"Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:1-2

Anyone who wants to join me in approaching the throne in prayer, this is not only an invitation to do so, but a plea.

"Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:19-20

Let us pray with faith! Blessings to you all.

1 comment:

  1. you are a fantastic writer!! this is amazing. such an encouragement to me today. love you and will be agreeing with you in prayer right now. :)

    ReplyDelete