Saturday, December 17, 2011

It's all about relationships.

 I know the best people in Uganda. And, every day I become a little more convinced of it.


Our Favorite Boda Drivers – Godwin and Charles. They constantly provide safe treks for us all around Mbarara while sharing their knowledge and friendship with us!


Scovia – who takes such great care of the mail at Posta, and always makes sure it gets to me!


Bright, Doreen, and their baby girls, Sheila and Sheba. They not only own the coffee shop and cinema in town, but they also have become dear friends to us. Sharing time with Doreen, and their employee, Edith, while watching the girls grow up has become such treasured time. 


My girl friends and small group from university. Meet Primrose, Gigi, Shamime, Aidah, and Julian - some of my best friends. 


 My dear friend Sylivia.



The neighborhood kids. Our closest neighbors and friends are Docus and Willis and their children Faith, Patience, Junior and Marvin. What joy they bring to my heart when they greet me as I come home each day! 


Language teacher Sophie, who has become so, SO much more than just a teacher to me! There hasn't been a time in her presence that my stomach hasn't hurt from laughing.


Dade and Dara. Could we ask for better students? I don’t think it’d be possible.


The rest of our team, except that this picture is missing two very important members - Martha and Connor.  We are family, co-workers, friends, and mentors. 


Our own little constructed family. We continually give thanks to God for brother Justus, who watches over our safety, rescues us from lizards, and provides great moments of laughter and shared wisdom.

I know there are many more that I've failed to mention, who mean such a great deal to me. However, this is a snip it of some of the treasured people in my life that make living in Uganda such a joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment