Thursday, December 15, 2011

The LORD Almighty - he is the King of glory.


This is who I am.  A mess.

Most of the time, my thoughts are ambiguous, unconnected, contradictory, and on a roller coaster ride through the scale of emotions.

I have many thoughts I can’t put into words.
I have many ideas I can’t put into action.
They spin around in my head looking for a way out, and all too often they fade into the recesses of my brain.

Frustrating.

The whole of who I am often questions who I am.

I have likes. I have dislikes. But, even those change.

I have goals. I have desires. But, most of them are selfish.

If you asked me what I wanted in life, I might say to take a nap.
Ask me on a different day and the depth of that question leaves me staggering for words I can’t quite grasp.

If you asked me Today, “Who are you?”
I’d have to tell you I don’t know.

But, I do, on most days, at least know why I’m alive.

My purpose – my only purpose – rests in bringing glory to God.

What does that mean? What does that look like?
Sometimes, I don’t know.

I don’t always know how to glorify my God.

And, then I realize again that the thoughts stirring in my head to try to answer that question, and so many others, are more than I can handle, and to try to write them down would be butchering the depth of how I really feel.

So, can I do anything worthy of glorifying God?
Can I give any answer to satisfy the thoughts of my head and of my heart?

I don’t think I can. Not on my own. And, that’s why I praise God, whose love is more than I can bear.
Whose love has delivered me from my meaningless wanderings.
Whose love now gives my wanderings purpose.
Not a purpose that I can always see,
But as a daughter of the King, I can know I’m where He wants me to be.
His love not only covers my inability to speak,
But intercedes for me in the many moments where I don’t measure up.

It tells me that I don't have it all together, I never will, and that's okay.

His birth, life, death, and resurrection didn't end His story thousands of years ago. 
It only opened a new chapter.
One that He allows me to be a part of by living and breathing in and through me. 
One that allows Him to bring glory to Himself through me even if I don't understand what that means.

So who am I?
I don’t know.
I guess it depends on who God makes me to be today.

"..you should do so with the strength that God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." 
1 Peter 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment