Monday, December 12, 2011

I am my Beloved's, and He is mine.

Mondays are my Sabbath days. A day of rest. A day of celebration. A day of intimate time with my Lord and Savior.

A friend of mine from home, Brooke, shared this song with me (well not exactly with me, but via facebook… it still counts I think). The lyrics are singing the song of my heart today. And, I thought, as I meditate in the sweet presence of my Lord, I’d share them with you, too.

Where I Belong by Cory Asbury

Your presence is all I'm longing for here in the secret place.
Your nearness is all I'm waiting for here in the quiet place.
Here, in the secret place.

My soul waits for you alone,
Just like the watchmen wait for dawn.
Here, I've finally found the place,
Where we'll meet, Lord, face to face.

I’ve finally found where I belong.
I've finally found where I belong, in your presence.
I've finally found where I belong, Lord,
Just to be with you, to be with you.

I am my Beloved's, and He is mine.
So come into your garden, and take delight in me.
Take delight in me.
Delight in me.

Here in Your presence, God, I find my rest.


A verse that continues to speak to my heart in this season of life:


'Be still and know that I am God;

I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.’

The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.”

Psalm 46:10-11

1 comment:

  1. To be grateful for the good things that happen in our lives is easy, but to be grateful for all of our lives-the good as well as the bad, the moments of joy as well as the moments of sorrow, the successes as well as the failures, the rewards as well as the rejections-that requires hard spiritual work.

    Still, we are only grateful people when we can say thank you to all that has brought us to the present moment. As long as we keep dividing our lives between events and people we would like to remember and those we would rather forget, we cannot claim the fullness of our beings as a gift of God to be grateful for. Let's not be afraid to look at everything that has brought us to where we are now and trust that we will soon see it in the guiding hand of a loving God."

    Henri Nouwen

    ReplyDelete