Tuesday, April 10, 2012

We'll sing and shout the victory.

The Great I Am by New Life Worship
I want to be close, close to your side, so heaven is real, and death is a lie.
I want to hear voices of angels above singing as one:

Hallelujah! Holy, Holy!
God Almighty, Great I Am.
Who is worthy? None besides Thee, Great I Am.

I want to be near, near to your heart, loving the word, hating the dark.
I want to see dry bones living again singing as one:

Hallelujah! Holy, Holy!
God Almighty, Great I Am.
Who is worthy?
None besides Thee, Great I Am.

He's the Great I Am, Great I Am.

*********************************************************************************

My God is the Great I Am. He is power. He is love. He’s the only one worthy of my worship. All of creation seems to have it figured out, so why do we as humans struggle to acknowledge His greatness and live lives of worship?

“…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came through Christ Jesus.” Romans 3:23-34

We fall short.

I don't know about you, but I often feel like short is an understatement. And yet, through shedding the blood of His Son, Jesus Christ, on the cross God made a way for us to be brought back into a right relationship with Him.

"There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death..." Romans 8:1-2

A relationship that allows us who are in Christ Jesus to have assurance in the promise that we have been adopted into sonship, that we are no longer declared guilty of our shortcomings, and that we will spend eternity with Him.

"...rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.' Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." Romans 8:15-16

To share in his glory...

“…So it will be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.” 1 Cor. 15:42-44

You know what I’m excited for? I’m excited to worship God for eternity. I can’t wait to hear the voices of peoples from every tribe and every nation singing as one. The thought of the beauty that will lie in the midst of that is overwhelming for me to think about. I can’t wait to dance, and to sing, and to glorify God forever and ever.

I can't wait to be in the very presence of the Great I Am. When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be. When we all see Jesus, we’ll sing and shout the victory. 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to be worshipping with you! A friend of mine in CO and I were just talking about the great chorus and one day even all creatures will sing..

    "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb, be praise, and honor and glory, and power for ever and ever!" Rev 5:13b

    Oh yes! I can't wait and am ready, but in the meantime, I will do my best to put myself in position to be used by Him!!

    ReplyDelete